Tuesday, December 30, 2014

{I've had no words}

There have not been many times in my middle-aged life I've been without them.

But something about this life event (moving) took a toll on me and my loquaciousness.

I

just

have

had

nothing

to

offer.

The thought of blogging didn't even enter my mind.  Truth be told....I didn't even know what to say to my sister, much less how to express my words on a public blog.  I never really grasped a "moment of silence" or "period of mourning" until now.  I just unconsciously needed time to process.

Moving away from home certainly doesn't compare to many of life's other transitions, but moving reformats the human hard drive in a most painful way.  Moving strips one down to the barest of bones.  Truly and embarrassingly, I haven't even had the heart to listen to much music the last couple of years.  All music did was remind me of home - those memories brought pain.

But in the end, I think the reformatting and the stripping down an the hurting and the loss will give me more to offer than it did before.  I'm not there yet, but this is a start to getting my {words} back.

0 Wonderful Responses: