Wednesday, March 07, 2007

We're Going DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a night. If you watched the championship game on ESPN last night, then you know what I'm talking about. Those of us who watched were exhausted! I felt like I played 40 minutes myself, right alongside of Caleb Green and Ken Tutt. If you didn't see it, ORU was down 11 points to Oakland at half time but BATTLED back in the 2nd half to WIN it. The end of the game was eerily similar to our heartbreaking loss to Oakland 2 years ago. But this time, Ken Tutt hit an amazing shot to put us up two points. The other team missed a 3 pointer and then fouled Adam Liberty to put him on the stripe for a 1 and 1. He nailed both of them to give us a 4 point lead, and then.... the thrill of the win hit everyone. The fans rushed the floor, I screamed, Tom did a running dive onto the other coaches, the kids jumped up and down, and believe me, there were lots of tears, from women and men alike. We are obviously thrilled for our players, the players' families, our coaches, our coaches WIVES, and our fans, who were, by the way FANTASTIC! I wouldn't trade them for Duke fans. They were the BEST. We give the glory to God. Here is the verse that was the verse of the day on my blog yesterday. It is very appropriate. O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago. -Isaiah 25:1.

2 Wonderful Responses:

Heather Keith said...

WAY to GO ORU !!!
I didn't get to see the game but, the pictures are awesome!

Kim Sutton said...

Oh what a night, a night I'll never forget!!!!!!!!