Sunday, April 04, 2010

A Little Lesson Involving a Thumb and a Hammer and a Deep Thinking Daughter

I have always been a bit accident prone (read: clumsy).

It seems to come in waves, though and I am definitely admist one of those waves.

A couple of weeks ago, I fell down a flight of stairs. Now mind you, I have tripped down some stairs before, but I have never fallen down a complete flight of stairs, headfirst and totally at the mercy of God. I ended up with no major breaks or injuries, though bruised up on my right side from head to toe and feeling like I had been in a car wreck.

Yesterday, I decided to take charge and hammer up some nails in the garage. It wasn't long before I mistook my thumb for the nail head and POP, there went my thumb. It spun me into a bad mood on a beautiful day because my thumb was throbbing like crazy. I kept complaining about it to Kami, who was helping me with all the Easter preparations..... (Easter at our house today!)

And she gave me a good something to think about.

Mom, if your thumb hurts that bad, imagine what Jesus must have felt with nails through his wrists.

Oh yeah. Good point.

I quit whining about my thumb and praised God that Jesus "who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

Happy Easter Everyone!

7 Wonderful Responses:

Valerie said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Love that. (But not the part about you hurting your thumb...)

And you fell down an entire flight of stairs??? Oh my goodness! I am so glad you are okay! That would scare me to death!

momof4kr said...

Oh how I love that scripture that you shared..."for the joy set before Him...endured the cross"

After studying Revelation this year, I have never been more grateful for the gift that Jesus has given us ~ the gift of eternal life.

Hope you had a blesed & beautiful Easter sweet friend!

Shannon said...

Happy Easter - a little late! Wise girl that Kami! She must have a good teacher...albeit a somewhat clumsy one?

4 Lettre Words said...

Wise girl!

Hope it was a wonderful Easter for all of you. XO!

ThatsBaloney said...

She's fantastic!
Sorry about your injuries.
Stairs aren't my favorite either.

Amanda Herrold said...

We had a similar experience over here...I'll have to blog about it.

Lauren Delaine said...

Out of the mouths of babes. . .

Annie,I'm not so graceful either. I think mine comes in waves as well. What a great point that bright daughter of you made! On Easter!

I'm glad you didn't break anything during that tumble down the stairs. I keep picturing it in my mind.

Sorry. But the picture looks like something out of a comedy. Sorry again.