Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Angel in a Kindergarten Teacher's Disguise

Look at this boy.
Is he one you would want in your kindergarten class if you were a kindergarten teacher?

Hmmm.... I'm pretty sure there is some kind of asterisk by his name on her class roster. Well, Luke's teacher didn't feel that way; she is truly, and I mean truly, an angel. She has a love for each of her students, no matter how many asterisks are by their names. She appreciates each of their unique qualities and this has endeared me to her greatly. You love my son; I love you deeply.



She deals with his difficulties so diplomatically:
For example "L.J., Before you come to school, I'd like you to jump on trampoline for awhile."

And after a trying week at school: "I think with LJ he is just so full of God's spirit he can't contain it! That is a good thing! When he is impulsive and does something he knows he shouldn't he is truly sorry about it."

Concerning his lack of interest in reading: "He will probably the type of person that will need to read while he is on a treadmill. I think that is why you haven't seen leaps and bounds in his reading. He has all the skills but because it is a quiet activity he avoids it. He has been fun to have - always a smile on his face! You should have high hopes for him in 1st. "



She gets him, and that means soooo much to this mama.
Thanks for an incredible year, Mrs. Goodrich!

You are both good and rich.

6 Wonderful Responses:

momof4kr said...

I LOVE this post! I love the font changes...I love the rhythm of the words...and I especially love the clever ending "GOOD and RICH".

Tracey said...

I would LOVE to have your son in ANY of my classes! If a teacher can't appreciate the spirit of a student and the wonderful, creative ideas then they should probably change professions! Your son is precious and incredibly smart!!!! I love him and I know that he has a lot of potential to be great!!!

Love to you all!

Heather Keith said...

What a great post and I am so glad he had a wonderful teacher this year!

4 Lettre Words said...

He is so handsome! I'm quite sure he's a joy to teach.

Unknown said...

Wow...it sounds like he had a great year!! Mrs. Goodrich is amazing...

Lauren Delaine said...

What an amazing teacher! I think I'll try to see things this way with Sophie.