Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Little One

Ellie, I've always called you my Little One, but since you turned six today, I don't know if I'll be able to call you that anymore. For your birthday celebration today, you wanted to go to Woodward Park. So, we did. We met Nana and Papa there and you opened your presents right there in the carpet of grass. Of course, you seemed thrilled about each and every present (you especially liked the guinea pig leash and harness). We spent a while enjoying the weather and jumping on rocks and exploring the trails. It couldn't have been a more pleasant night. I wanted to bottle the night up and keep it forever. I told Daddy on the way home, "it won't be long before they won't want to go to the park with us anymore. And it felt so right having Nana and Papa there with us. Let's keep this memory." As we were leaving, Ellie, you got a big bonus. Laddie, the "friendly puppy who doesn't bite and is looking for a buddy" was hanging out with his owners. You got to pet him for a long time. You laughed and smiled at the dog, talking with his owners about dog-things. You are the most precious six year old I know. And I'm going to keep calling you Little One.

1 Wonderful Responses:

@nnie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.