Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Wild Birthday

Today was Ellie's 6th Birthday party. We had it at Safari Sanctuary in Broken Arrow. The only thing I regret is not getting more pictures! Ellie and her friends had a blast looking at all the animals there. They had lions, tigers, a liger, panthers, bobcats and other big cats along with alligators, parrots, lemurs, wolves, peacocks, geese, zebras, and many more animals. Ellie's favorite was the 4 month old lemur. All the kids got in a circle and held hands and the lemur ran around the circle on their arms and heads.


The coolest thing about Safari Sanctuary (I did not know this) is that it's a rescue. Most of the animals have been removed from situations of neglect or abuse. One of the tigers and one of the lions actually used to belong to Mike Tyson. These people at Safari Sanctuary really love these animals and take care of them. They like to tell the animals' stories. It couldn't have been a more perfect birthday for Ellie told me on the way home, "I'd like to get a job working at Safari Sanctuary."

2 Wonderful Responses:

Anonymous said...

My what pretty teeth I have. Zeb





Papa

ellen said...

I LOVE that picture of the zebra!!! Sorry for all the comments on old posts... just enjoying a lazy Saturday afternoon!