Monday, May 07, 2007

A Special Day in Ellie's Life

The Christmas of 2005, I was reading to the kids from a devotional book that my friend Dawn had gotten for us. The particular devotion was about Noah. I talked about the people's sin, God's sadness, and Noah's faithfulness. When I looked up, I saw tears running down my 5 year old's cheeks. I said, "Ellie, what's wrong, honey?" She responded, "Nothing's wrong mom; I just want to become a Christian." So, we prayed the prayer with her, but decided to wait until she got a little older to let her get baptized, or bap-uh-tized, as she says. During that year and a half, she never went more than a few days before she asked when she could be baptized. And so now, about a year and a half later, she was finally able to show the world that Jesus is in her heart! Our pastor, Deron Spoo, baptized her with great kindness and gentleness and with the prayer that she will remember this day in her life. We pray the same and dedicate our little girl's life to the Lord!















2 Wonderful Responses:

Anonymous said...

Ellie, you are truly a blessing to everyone who knows you!
We are proud of you and can't wait to see how God touches others through your example.

Love, The Sammons

Anonymous said...

Ellie, I am so proud of your decision and loved watching your beautiful baptism. Always walk with God and he will guide your footsteps. I love you. Nana