Friday, October 16, 2009

Of Pumpkins and Mud

Once again, we went to the pumpkin patch in Bixby.

We enjoyed the usual elements:
mounds and mounds of bright orange pumpkins.
Cute little girls in kitty cat shirts.Interesting farm animals. Lots of 'em.Bags of feed for .50 cents apiece. Pony rides: $4.00.
Scarecrows and other photo ops. And something new for us this year: mud. See it on the pumpkin?
Look at the ground. It was impossible to avoid the sludge of muddy soup.
The mud on this boy is just a small sample of the total amount that covered him by the end of our visit. The pictures don't do the mud justice. The upside? Not many people decided to brave the mud like we did, so we had the whole sloppy place to ourselves. I tried to ignore the fact the mud won; it took me an entire day to get the boots, the blankets and my car free from the caked on baked on mud. The kids didn't care, in fact they had fun in spite or because of the mud!

5 Wonderful Responses:

Kathleen said...

Fun, fun! And beautiful pictures, as usual! We head to the pumpkin patch tomorrow. Won't be muddy, I don't think, but it will be cold. Not sure which I would prefer. Mud, cold. Hmmm...

Lauren Delaine said...

I love your photos! I can't help but picture Sophie years down the line when I see pictures of your sweet little Ellie.

Annie, we need a blog reunion. Or meeting. Or something. I suppose a reunion would follow a first meeting.

Did we discuss this before? Where's the half-way point? Upcoming events?

Audra Krell said...

What did you do to get such an adorable fam?

Heather Keith said...

Inspite of the mud, it still looks fun and wish we could have been there! Kyler's class goes next Monday and hoping for no rain! Love ya!

4 Lettre Words said...

I love goats!

Lovely captures, Annie!