Monday, December 21, 2009

It's (Finally) Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

This is my first December as an official working mom with 3 kids. Albeit, I am working part time, but that along with teaching a class at TCC, having a very busy husband and trying to keep everything managed at home really put December on the back-burner. Ah, finally, with the end of the work week came a newfound joy that bubbled up in my heart.... oh yes... Christmas is coming! Here are some signs that Christmas is indeed around the proverbial corner.

*Baking compulsion... I cannot get out of the kitchen without whipping up some kind of holiday treat, usually including chocolate as an ingredient. Puppy chow is one of our Christmas favorites, and today we drizzled pretzels with white and dark chocolate, dusting them with tiny red and green ball sprinkles. Easy and delicious!

*I actually sat down and watched Elf with the kids. Classic lines:
Buddy: The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.
Buddy: We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.
I LOVE that movie. So does Ellie.

*We had our annual caroling day with friends... driving around town and singing to several different friends/family members. Here are the happy carolers:
Three girls who have been friends since birth...We drove all the way across to granny's house and sang to her and Uncle Rex... she said it was the best Christmas present she could ever get.... and I think she meant it. A tradition my kids have known is going to the Christmas celebration at my sister's country club... Here is Ellie trying to foil Brandini (yes, she picked up a cup in the middle of the trick; Brandini was NOT happy with her)
Luke and Nana (see the cute snowman on Luke's face....)Hallie and Ellie with the famous upside-down Christmas tree.and believe it or not, every Christmas I have a picture of one of my kids with a snake draped around his/her neck. Talk about heart-warming traditions. There is always a little petting zoo at the club and this year, Luke was the lucky one.

Now that we've taken our annual snake picture, it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

5 Wonderful Responses:

Kim said...

Ho, Ho, Ho, you got the Christmas spirit girl! Love to see your sweet family! XOXO Queta

Kathleen said...

"First we'll make snow angels for hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle."

I love your new blog look! AND I love all of your Christmas pictures--what special memories you have created for your children!!

4 Lettre Words said...

Ohhhhh...how we LOVE Elf. It's ginormous in this house!

Looks like you guys and gals are having a great December. I pray it's a very Merry Christmas, too!

P.S. Love the new look.

Shannon said...

Blog looks GREAT! Love it! I am having issues with the snake though. Real? Oh my! Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed 2010!

Valerie said...

Caroling?! I love that! What a great idea! And I love the photo on your Granny's porch. Priceless.

Merry Christmas to you!