Monday, September 26, 2011

Is a Mama Allowed to Brag?

No, you say? No braggin allowed? It's not God's way? Ok, well, then I won't tell you that in Kami's 3rd XC meet, (DON'T READ THIS>) she finished 5th of 162 girls!!! Nope, I'm keeping that one all to myself. I warned you!I also won't tell you Kami is fitting right in her new school, new surroundings, like a runner's foot in a cross country shoe. Naaaaa, you don't need to know that.And most certainly, I cannot say that Kami's XC Middle School Girls' Team WON THEIR ENTIRE DIVISION! (Watch out Trojan fans, may not want to read any further>) Beating Jenks, Union and Broken Arrow! Way to go Patriots! Should I say that I am becoming more and more at peace with how God has led Kami to her new school, her new friends, her new teammates? Should I say that this is definitely the right decision for her? Maybe I'm not quite ready for that but growing closer by the day. And finally, should i give God the glory for each and every one of my little braggin' moments, (every good and perfect gift is from above) worship Him for my moments of peace and thankfulness and just fall on my knees in dependence on Him for each and every moment? Yep, I think I'll do that.
To God be the glory great things He has done. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord! Let the earth hear his voice, praise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the people rejoice!

2 Wonderful Responses:

Heather Keith said...

That is awesome! So Proud of Kami and yes momma you can BRAG!!!

Tracey said...

Awesome job Kam!!!! And Annie, please brag away! You and Tom have done an AMAZING job raising your three beautiful children!!!