Monday, March 17, 2008

Easter Excitement at Ida's

Easter will not come this early again for another couple hundred years, thank the risen Lord. It's getting all convoluted being so close to St. Patrick's day, our anniversary and March Madness. I don't know if I've EVER celebrated Easter before St. Patrick's day, but that is what we did yesterday at Granny's house. We did our traditional dying of the eggs and then the kids played outside, hunted easter eggs, and we made some yummy bunny racecars that probably boasted no less than 1,000 calories apiece. A swiss roll for the car, a marshmallow bunny, bottlecaps, skittles and lifesaver made up the other details, all put together with icing. Of my kids, I would have to say that Luke got the biggest kick out of decorating eggs. He worked longer than the girls, and when he was done, he kept saying, "I can't believe I really did it! I decorated ALL my eggs!" It was cracking me up. He took his egg carton to every adult who would listen and showed them his eggs, discussing which one was his favorite, what color looked nicest and so on. What he was really looking forward to was the quilt drawing. He firmly thinks that this one is the one he's going to win. I hate to tell him that there are probably 20 other people's names in the bag. We didn't draw for the quilt after all, as we are going to wait until the real Easter Day to do it!





0 Wonderful Responses: