Monday, May 05, 2008

I Kid You Not

I must begin with this DISCLAIMER:

While I never condone outlandish behavior, I nevertheless embrace the Princess of Hearts and her offbeat personality. I am no fan of tattoos, piercings or the like (I have lots of friends with tattoos... who I adore... just isn't for me), and my posting of this subject is not meant to embolden her on this matter. However, I love my daughter dearly. I trust God with my daughter's life, and I believe with all my heart that he is leading and guiding her. She has a heart that is sensitive to his Will.... she cried in her bed at night for months because she wanted to be bap-uh-tized. Her words were "my heart is telling me to do something for God!" I think she cried because she hadn't followed through on it. All that to say that this daughter of mine just does and says some of the lovliest yet craziest things. Case in point:

Most of her friends have their ears pierced. Her sister's ears were pierced at 7 and recently, Hallie and Brooke had theirs pierced. People have been asking her about it, and she always kind of shrugs apologetically. She really doesn't want to do it . So, I thought I'd better back her up on that. I encouraged her one day: "Honey, if you never get your ears pierced, that is just fine with me! Mommy doesn't care if you do or don't. I think you will be beautiful either way." Without missing a beat, she looked up at me with her piercing blue gray eyes and said dryly, "so what would you think if I got my lip pierced? What would you think if I got my nose pierced?" At least she asked me what I would think about it, but at that point I didn't know what to say! Do I freak out and scream "NO WAY?" or say "Yeah, cool?" I chose to just brush it off and pray for the best... that was until I found her with a nose piercing! See below!
It turned out to be a little, silver, sticky, scrapbooking charm that she thought would look just perfect decorating her nose.

2 Wonderful Responses:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOOOOO GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK. ANNIE.


LOVE
NICOLE
KEEP IT COMING

Traci said...

I LOVE Ellie's spirit!! She and Carington will make a good pair when we get back to the States-ha!!

Traci