Monday, December 18, 2006

These ARE the days....


In the hustle and rush of the season, I often let myself become too focused on the frustrating details like getting the dried green icing out of Ellie's hair and figuring out if Kami's tights are TOO tight. Do we have a bigger pair? Can you wear these even though they hang down 6 inches? Luke, why are you taking off your shoes again? Do NOT throw them down the stairs! These everyday annoyances have to be attended to, but they take my mind away from where it should be... the joy of watching my kids grow and learn. Seeing them interact with their grandparents and cousins. These are the moments I know I will look back on and whisper to myself, "those were the days." To be able to spend such precious time with my sister and her family, to see our children grow up together is an amazing blessing. God Himself has intertwined our lives together. I rest in that as sometimes the basketball world can be difficult on us. But I find great strength in the fact that He has allowed us to do it together. And with the support of loving family and friends, who mean more than they could ever, ever know. Mom, Dad and Carolyn are our anchors; they center us and shower all of us with love and support. I guess the beauty of the Christmas season brings out these emotions that are certainly down in my heart everyday of my life. I just don't want them to be overshadowed by crusty icing, tiny tights, missing shoes and lost basketball games. I am unspeakably thankful for where God has led us and where He is leading us now. Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

3 Wonderful Responses:

Anonymous said...

beautiful Annie!
Mom

Heather Keith said...

This was great to read at the end of my hectic and crazy day of all the hustle, bustle and Kyler giving me major frustration today!

Thanks Annie,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Great post and posts. Keep 'em coming.
Dad