Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Book of Thomas

I sometimes wonder, if our family's life were a book of the Bible, documenting all of our trials and tribulations, etching out for future generations the riverbed of our lives, what would we look like? Would people say, "those silly people, running from God, just like Jonah"? Or would we be perceived like disciples in the boat during the storm when Jesus turned to them and said, "oh you of little faith?" I can only hope that there would be a verse or maybe even a chapter that would find us faithful, standing strong, anchored in truth. I want so much to be like David, like Ruth, like Jacob, like Nehemiah, but unfortunately, I often feel like doubting Thomas! But God even had mercy on Thomas, didn't he? He helped him believe! God help me to remember your words to Thomas: "blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

0 Wonderful Responses: