Friday, July 09, 2010

Bieber Fever

Oh, the joys of having a tweenager. In this case, braving thousands of screaming (and I do mean SCREAMING) girls at the Justin Beiber concert.


But after all, July 6th, the day of the concert, was my oldest daughter's 12th birthday. What a fun way to celebrate! So, I bought her a ticket and a ticket for a friend, and of course, the obligatory adult chaperone ticket.


And then I tucked my earplugs in my purse. Just kidding, but I did have a litle bit of that "Ok, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" kind of attitude. Here are Kami and her friend Brooks before the concert.


Then appeared the teen dream, Justin Bieber himself. Baby, baby, baby oooh!


And the more I watched, the more I got the fever, Beiber fever, that is. I thought his songs were sweet and catchy. I loved "One Time" and "One Less Lonely Girl" I stood up and started clapping and dancing in the aisles! I admit he was flirty, calling out to all the "beautiful girls" at his concert, but he was so cute and his concert was clean and it took me back to 1983, when I fell hard for Ponyboy and Sodapop Curtis on Outsiders. Rob Lowe and C. Thomas Howell opened the door to those first feelings of pure, innocent interest in boys. And to the dream of someday falling in love with the man for me...
I think the Kami might have gotten just a tiny bit of Bieber fever herself on her 12th birthday.

4 Wonderful Responses:

Valerie said...

Too cute! And what a goooooooood mama you are to take her to the Justin Bieber concert! I'm glad it was kinda fun for you, too. :)

momof4kr said...

Glad you got a little Bieber Fever...at least temporarily! I know that blessed Kami to the max! (I have to admit, I kinda like some of Bieber's tunes myself!! :))

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...Ponyboy and Sodapop! Who can forget the good ol' days!! My 10yo hasn't quiiiite reached this stage yet, but I imagine it's a-comin'!

Kathleen said...

That was me, Kathleen, btw. Why did it assign "Anonymous" to me? Very strange!