Monday, July 12, 2010

A Pain Full Day

First.... Luke was playing on the school playground was stung twice by a wasp or other awful insect. Yes, again. He was stung on the hand and the ear and his ear swelled up like a red water balloon.

Second.... Kami had her 12 year old checkup and was required to have two shots. Let's just say she was not a happy to be 12 today. At ALL.

Third.... Ellie cried herself to sleep for 20 minutes in fear of being stung by a wasp and/or having to get her 12 year old shots.

As I tucked Luke in bed, he bemoaned, "it's been a Pain FULL day."

I just had to chuckle.

For another painful day, click here... (one of my Darling former students)

3 Wonderful Responses:

Valerie said...

Ouch! You weren't kidding! I still shudder when I think about the one time I was stung by a wasp. I was probably about 4 or 5 and had just learned to jump off the diving board (with my floaties on, of course). I walked out to the end, ready to jump, and before I took my last step, a wasp flew under my foot and I stepped directly down on the stinger. It was awful. It took my mom hours to dig out the stinger. Poor Luke!

Shannon said...

Marissa biffed it on her bike last week. I went over the handlebars of mine last Saturday. We are hurtin' units. Marissa got a bad case of road rash and I think I broke my big toe. Hate wasps.

momof4kr said...

My Will can relate...we went to have his 11 yr well check last week and he was surprised w/ the fact that he needed (3) shots...OUCHERS@!#!!