Thursday, July 15, 2010

Science in the Summer

Oklahoma City is less than 2 hours away from home. So can you tell me why we have hardly ever been there? We may drive through once in awhile, but I have never taken my kiddos there for any kind of outing. Until now! We planned a short 26 hour stay in OKC, and had a lot of fun! I'm putting our four stops in four different posts....

Stop #1 - The Science Museum Oklahoma, formerly known as the Omniplex.

We spent about 4 hours there, and the kids loved it! It appealed to all age groups, from 3-12. They didn't get bored once. My only regret is that I didn't take enough pictures. I got most of the cheesy photo-ops, but was too absorbed in the scientific insights to snap many other pics!
The tickets were around $15.00 for adults and $12.00 for kids, but that was with a visit to their 3D Theatre Experience. The theatre was closed the day we were there, so we only paid $11.00 and $9.00. Not bad!
I was stationed at "The Peg Board" for a looooooong time though, because Luke could simply not get enough of it! He was fascinated with the pegs, the ramps, the funnels and getting a marble to run from the top of his contraption to the bottom. He loved it so much that it gave me an idea for redecorating his room..... hmmmmmm.
All in all, I would say the kids were in awe of the museum. We could spend another 4 hours there and still not be bored. We missed the Mad Science Experiment, the 3D Theatre and there were several rooms we didn't even experience.It's a MUST SEE if you are ever in the Oklahoma City Area!

0 Wonderful Responses: