Saturday, November 11, 2006

It's That Time of Year Again?

Wow... It seems like we just finished up with basketball season and here we go again!

God has blessed our family with an exciting, active and fun occupation. . . we are thankful for ORU and the opportunities we are given because of Tom's job as a basketball coach. One of those opportunities? Hanging out with Eli the Golden Eagle. The girls also enjoy all the basketball camps. Kami loves getting better at basketball, and Ellie... well, she loves meeting people. People like Lei the cheerleader and our friend Jourdan, pictured below. Luke (also below) likes shoveling enormous handfuls of popcorn into his mouth.. and me? Well, I enjoy the competition of basketball. I like getting to know our players . I appreciate the faith that is being built within me as we go through our season.... winning AND losing. It's always hurts to lose. But it's part of where God has us right now and how he is shaping us. And winning one (or 25!) for ORU is awful sweet.

-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11



1 Wonderful Responses:

Anonymous said...

that was my popcorn! Daaaaaaad