Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ouch

That hurt. We just got back from the ORU/TU basketball game where we got clobbered. Don't know the final score, but it was ugly. The experience wasn't as horrible as it has been in past years when the fans literally harrassed us. They were for the most part, just excited fans, not rude or classless. But losing like that just STUNK. It is painful to watch the players so dejected and look at my husband on the bench, knowing he is feeling so terrible.

However, as I tried to explain to Kami, this is the life of a basketball family. You can't get too high (when you beat Kansas) or too low (when you get hammered by TU). Winning and losing goes with the territory. It's hard for a competitive 8 year old to understand that (heck - it's hard for me to keep it in perspective at times,) but we are learning with each basketball season, and we continue to walk in faith believing that HE rules the earth and everything that goes on inside of it. "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever"

2 Wonderful Responses:

Tracey said...

Sorry Annie... but as a TU alum (twice) I must say, GO TU!!! :) Although, I NEVER harrassed the ORU team... I knew that I would be in a lot of trouble with Grandma Ida!!!! Much love to you all and continued success with the season! I hope to see you all over Christmas while I am home!!!

Kim Sutton said...

Boy, it did hurt, like a punch in the gut. I really wish people could understand it's not just a game to us, but our lives, our livelihood, our family down there on the bench getting screamed at by 10,000 people. It's heartwrenching, stomach-turning, painful to sit through. But, we will persevere.