Friday, January 15, 2010

Report Cards are Out

Remember those bumper stickers that say something like "My child is an Honor Student at .... whatever... school" and "My honor student is smarter than your honor student"? Did I dream that? Do people really put things like that on their cars? A google search led me to some other funny bumper stickers and a few really funny ones I wouldn't post on my family blog (my kids are all over it.)

Anyway, I am hoping this post won't be that obnoxious, but it was so cute that I couldn't pass it up.

Yesterday, report cards came home and I asked Kami how she did. She brought it over to me and showed me the results. I was very, very proud of her, but could tell that something was bothering her. "What's wrong?" I asked. She looked down and said quietly, "well, something happened. I didn't get on the Principal's Honor Roll this year. I am on the Janitor's Honor Roll." I didn't understand, so she showed me her certificate. In big black letters, it read "Superintendent's Honor Roll." I think she had heard of a "building superintendent" and got confused with THE "Superintendent of Schools." I assured her that she was on a GREAT honor roll.

So it got me to thinking about a new bumper sticker, "My child is on the Janitor's Honor Roll!"

6 Wonderful Responses:

Unknown said...

LOL...yes I still see bumper stickers like that...altho I would never put a sticker on my car i wont even put up my AAA sticker...I'm weird i know....anywooo that is awesome news and what a GREAT 'roll' to be on!!!!
Congrats to you and to Kami for all her hard work!

ThatsBaloney said...

HAHA!
I think you should make blog award called the "Janitor Honor Roll."
Congrats to Kami. That's great!!

Unknown said...

Sweet Kami! That is precious!! Good for her!

Kathleen said...

LOL!! Janitor's Honor Roll...so funny!!

momof4kr said...

Don't ya just love the innocence of our children?!
That is something you all will giggle about together for years to come...

Lauren Delaine said...

HILARIOUS!
I LOVE this!

Janitor's Honor Roll! She's smart AND funny and doesn't even know it!

WAIT! This is reminding me an awful lot of a certain Honor Student in my house who may or may not have gotten her car stuck in a car wash or may or may not have drove off with the gas pump attached only to detach it from the pump.

Nahhhh! Kami would NEVER do those things!

Thanks for the laugh! I love my honor student but I've never been a fan of the bumper stick. In general. As in not just the My Child is an Honor Student at blah blah bumper sticker.

Except My child can be up your honor student! Now that's pretty funny! But mean, of course. So I would never, ever put it on my car.

But I don't like bumper stickers, remember?