Friday, January 01, 2010

9 from '09 and 10 for '10


Instead, I'll call them strong thoughts for the new year.

Thought 1. Simply said, Pursue God. Put away distractions. Focus more on the life-giver because He brings me PEACE. Nuthin' else works. Most everything else I think brings me peace ends up stealing it in the end. Ironic, huh?

Thought 2. Slow Down. Say NO more. All those YESES are getting me nowhere but on "E." As my friend Rena said in a post yesterday, "Where is my peace? What have I traded it for?" My list is long.

Thought 3. Play tennis. Have fun. Enjoy it. Watch out Serena! (This is a huge leap for me.... I have zero athletic ability, but I have a great group of ladies encouraging me and some killer tennis skirts! I'm trying to stick with it.)

Thought 4. Fill myself and my family with better food. Cut down on poison sugar.

Thought 5. Love more. When in doubt, love. When entertaining thoughts of bitterness, just drop it. Because bitterness kills, but love covers. (Rena, if you have that link, send it to me!)

Thought 6. Take care of my skin. Wear sunscreen, even though I really need a tan. I am a WHITE girl. Don't be afraid to use expensive products to help with skin problems and issues that began when I worshipped the sun in my 20's. If I had only listened to my Dad. That's why I put my name in for Georgie's FAB giveaway!

Thought 7. Think of those in need and try to help. Be a better friend. Even a small action each day would be great. A phone call. A note. A prayer. A hug. Chocolate. (Dark of course)

Thought 8. Give up the basketball angst. I've got it. I hate it and I'm giving it up. No amount of pain or worry about our team has ever made a difference. This year I'm giving up the angst. God is much bigger than basketball.

Thought 9. Become funny. It's something I've always wanted to do. I have a long way to go on that one. Ha-ha. A more realistic goal is learning from my blog friend Kathleen. She blogs well and she blogs often. Writing is one of my favorite things and I want to more consistently document our family story like she does! Now if I could just be funny doing so. Wouldn't that be great!

Thought 10. Teach my kids more scriptures. That's no joke. I want to share it with them while I still can. It's more valuable than anything on earth. See for yourself it's benefits: Psalm 19: 7-11 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb. By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.

5 Wonderful Responses:

Mike said...

A great post! Your blog consistently inspires me in so many ways...to continue blogging and to blog more often, and best of all, spiritually. Thank you, my K2 kitchikomo friend, from your one and only kitchikuk (or is that kitchi-cook?)

Unknown said...

this post has such inspiration!!!
Happy New Year Annie
TY for the shout-out

Kathleen said...

Aww...and I was just thinking I've got so much to learn from you--like your Thought #1. So well said! Top of my list too...maybe we can check in on each other every so often to see how that Thought is going!

And your #3 post from 09 was one of my very favorite; I'm glad I got to visit it again!

ThatsBaloney said...

Become funny? That IS funny. :)
HNY to you Annie!
I'm going to attempt to "just say no" this year as well. Something's gotta give.

Shannon said...

Sounds like 2009 was a great year for you... hope 2010 is even better!