Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carrie is so Very....

FABULOUS!!! Thanks to a great Papa who bought us all tickets, we got to go see Carrie Underwood on Wednesday night. It could have been a disaster... it was a school night, Kami had a 102 fever, Ellie fell asleep and then had a nosebleed, my head was hurting.... but Carrie Underwood was so very talented and just... well... comfortable! It was honestly a really pleasant experience, like it was your best friend up there performing. Even though we had lots of obstacles to overcome (including the fact that I had no kleenex to clean up Ellie's nosebleed, only a *clean* pair of underwear in my purse - that's all I'll say about that), the night was well worth it. Ok, Ok, I know you're probably still caught up on that "Kami had a 102 fever" part. I will confess.... I poured some Ibuprofen down her and drug her (willingly!) to the concert. The medicine kicked in and she felt ok the entire time.

6 Wonderful Responses:

Mike said...

I've always wanted to see Carrie Underwood in concert. On a side note, I've successfully picked the winner of American Idol for every year except two. (I never would've picked Fantasia, and last year I thought Michael Johns would win) Anyway, I picked Carrie as the winner the minute I saw her audition. She's great. Boy, you guys have to work hard to have a good time! :)

Amanda Herrold said...

No, I wasn't hung up on the fever. I was hung up on the fact that you had underwear in your purse. Please explain!!!!

Amber said...

My husband says that she's his 2nd wife =/ I like her anyway =) Glad you guys got to go and that you enjoyed it!

@nnie said...

LOL Amanda - that was funny... let's suffice it to say it was a laundry malfunction!

Anonymous said...

i got hung up on the panties part too...i thought it was so you could threaten your daughter with a 102 fever and say..."listen hear missy! put on your big girl panties and sing along!"...and then you'd whip those babies out! ...people would die if they knew what was in my shoulder luggage...

blessings!

ellen said...

I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed it. Brad and I went and I declared myself officially old. I thought it was sooooo loud! Don't get me wrong, I think she's a dol and love to listen to her cds, but I thought the sound was way off. Now The Eagles on the other hand, perfection. :-)