Sunday, October 05, 2008

Orange Power

Being a coach's wife and all, we don't get the opportunity to attend many sporting events but our own. Even though basketball season officially stretches from November to March, it seems like there are always team dinners, weeks and weeks of recruiting travels, extra workouts, late night practices and other things to attend to. To actually branch out and wear something except the Navy Blue and Vegas Gold seems, well.... weird. But when an opportunity with two old friends (who were in my wedding!) came callin', we made it work, and had a blast doing it. It was sure fun to be there with husbands and kids in tow, reuniting all together for the first time in a long, long time. Here we are below, except Tom who volunteered to take the pic. (Convenient, he doesn't like posing for 'em!)The little girls know how to pose, the boys, however......don't!!! How do you like the pic below? They just can't help it. It's the testoterone!! Things have really changed since my time there 16 years ago. Could that be POSSIBLE? 20 if I"m counting from the beginning of when I went to OSU. I sat through a couple painful Ofer seasons. But now, with the love of T. Boone Pickens, the stadium is fabulous with a capital F, the crowds are amazing and the wins.... 5 and 0? What planet am I living on? I remember going to a game with about 100 in attendance!!! That's it! Well, like I said, it is a different place there now. We're so glad we got a chance to go... because guess what starts next Saturday? BASKETBALL PRACTICE!!!!!

8 Wonderful Responses:

Michelle said...

It looks like you all had a blast! Go OSU! I actually graduated from there also. I haven't been to a game in years. I would love to go back sometime. I love the boys face painting.

Dawn said...

The pictures are adorable. Looks like you all had a great time.

Annie said...

What fun! My BG loves going to KU BB games with us!

Anonymous said...

i'm orange with envy...!!! cute pictures! blessings!

Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the face painting! Just so you know....I live near Norman...hehehe!

Anonymous said...

My lil sis grad from OSU but my boys are being raised right...They both know when you see red and white you..... CALL THE HOGS!!!!
Sis is the only one in 3 generations to not grad U of A.
But it is neat to see the stadiums change and grow I totally agree. It is so strange to see Razorback Stadium these days and remember when we could sit in the end zone w/ out chairs even....LOL
steff

Unknown said...

It's so fun to be a coaches wife, isn't it? Great to support your husband in such a fun and colorful way!

Heather Keith said...

You should have let us know that you were going. Scott and Kyler were there, this was Kyler's 2nd game and he loves to go! Go Pokes!